5 May 2012 - Part II


5 May 2012 part II
Untitled
The reason we were in Dubbo to start with was to attend a wedding there at the zoo.  I decided to wear a dress that I had made for my brother's wedding in 2011.  The dresswas based off this McCalls vintage 9742 and is made out of navy seersucker silk with spots that I purchased at Tessuti in Sydney.  I had quite a bit of help from Polly  with the silk.  We used a rolled hem in a lot of places and even thinking about it now feel the same nerves I had when we were overlocking the silk!
I am wearing it with a beige slip and the scarf around the neck can be left long or tied in all manner of ways, but I continually go back to a loose bow.  That's my Oliver next to me striking a pose.
Untitled
And because the wedding was at the zoo - between the ceremony and the reception we were able to get up, close and personal with some animals including this snake!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not so keen on the snake. Gryff has a weird fish thing in his room at daycare. It's called Roger, it is an axilotle (sp?). Each day the kids use tongs to feed it a worm. It has freaked me out, but each day I dutifully pick up Gryff to say good morning to Roger. And then all the other little people want me to lift them up to say hello again to Roger. Not sure why I feel the need to tell you this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha ha - the tail of that snake kept making it's way further and further under the shirt of the zoo keeper. Every time I looked it was moving further around him... Eeeek!

      Delete