The 2013 Family Photo Book..

Gosh, an annual family photo book sure does take a long time. What with weeding through hundreds of photos and then organising them into order - it isn't far off the time required to sew something really great. Alas, no sewing around these parts while this annual chore has been taking place, but... I can happily report that it is now done and ordered.  One for us, one for my Mum and one each for Ben's Mum and Dad.
Untitled
I first started creating photo books when I put all of my Dad's slides into a photo book.  I then made up a book for our trip to France in 2011.  I followed up again last year. It's lovely to think that even as all the digital photos seem to become lost in the cyber ether we have a book on the shelf ready to flip through.

While making this I came across an ad for turning blog posts into a book. Not a bad idea for the future. But for now... I need to get back into sewing after my dismal effort with the spotty bomber.  I have a few things in mind so stay tuned.

Do you do an annual photo book?

10 comments:

  1. I can completely relate to this post, it is lots of work to compile the photo books but a great feeling when they are done. I've done a family Blurb book each year since 2007 and it helps me keep on top of all the mountains of digital photos. The children love being able to flick through a physical book too, and see themselves as babies etc. I've started putting pictures together for this year's book, but will wait til January to put the Christmas pictures in and then get it printed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I'd started when the kids were born! One day I might embark on it as a project. I also wish, like you that I left it until january so that the book more readily reflected a calendar year... but alas, I rush in and think the overseas family might like them for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. i was planning on attempting one too. Do you hav any recommendations on who to do with? Thx! jen
    Ps. i think i saw you at majura park yesterday, if not you have a doppleganger in a breton top! I contemplated saying hello but i might hav looked like a crazed stalker :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great gift idea! I wish I was so organized. We have boxes of photos and so many files of digital prints it seems overwhelming, but I'd love to do this at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! That was me. You should have come over and said hi! I hope I was behaving!!
    There are heaps of companies around - I've used shutterfly (because I post overseas) for the last couple of years but each year I say I'll look at other companies.. but then don't because I get in a rush. I use snapfish for printing photos here and they also seem ok.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesterday after reading Suzy's post I started to feel guilty about the kids very early years and how they are all stored on some back up file somewhere.... uuuugggh. one day. ..
    What are you making at the moment?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I felt guilty after reading Suzy's post too! I agree - one day. I'm making a zebra/faux leather Cooper for L. It may take me until after Christmas at the rate I'm going though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, you know i have since seen you again on Sunday in Braddon...we were on our never ending search for good bread (in the queue at Autolyse). Having a french husband too, do you do the same?! I was talking to Amanda (bimble/pimple fame) via email saying we should have a meet up at Addicted to Fabric and a coffee sometime. Haha! I am just starting the CIT clothing production course that Amanda is doing.
    It would be nice to have sewing meet-ups in Canberra!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, we are always looking for bread!! Ha ha that is so funny to see me again. I suppose I'm easy to spot as I'm always wearing my Iris shorts! I really want to do that course and was going to ask Amanda if it is worthwhile? Feel free to email me: kirsty (dot) bunfield (at) gmail (dot) com. Are you starting next year or did you commence this term???? I'd love to know as I'm very keen. Yes, let's have a catch up in the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. ps.. next time you MUST come up and say hello :)

    ReplyDelete