2013 Christmas Tree decoration (and another Vogue Visor ..)

Last year I made some little trees out of Liberty scraps as Christmas decorations based on a tutorial by Noodlehead.  I also made some see through ones with little pompons.  This year, sticking with using up some tiny scraps I used a template from the Purl Bee and made up some little birds.
Untitled 
I still have sooooo much of this gold "pleather" in the stash so again teamed it with the Liberty.  I think they turned out pretty cute.  I sewed the gold and the liberty together for each side of the bird and each wing and then joined the bird together only at the head.  I used a bit of paper glue to keep them together as I sewed and then trimmed the Liberty.. I found it a bit easier the way.
Untitled 
This weekend, I also managed to find some chambray for another Vogue 7600 visor.  This one is fabulous because it matches perfectly my Iris Shorts so goes with everything! And given I wear my Iris Shorts all the time, this is great.  This pattern has now been put away. Promise.  
Last visor I promise but this one goes with everything :) #vogue7600

13 comments:

  1. These are super cute Kirsty. I'll take some of that gold pleather off your hands if you're trying to get rid of it - I'd like to make some of these too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so good! Making decorations for the Christmas tree, and so lovely!
    Won´t you try one of the big hats in V7600?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been so busy that I haven't had time to comment. I really like both of the visors you've made. I really should look into a hat pattern next spring. The Christmas decorations are very pretty! I love the combination of pleather and Liberty. I bought some of the Kaufman Grinch fabric (inspired by your stockings) and I hope to make up an apron by Christmas (so I'd better get moving!). I hope you're making progress on your Archer. I finally bought the pattern during Jen's last sale. I think it will have to wait until January though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Christmas decorations!!! Love that birds :-)

    And yes, chambray goes with everything but the liberty version is gorgeous!!! ha, ha, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Christmas decoration! I'm not doing anything in my house because we'll be spending the Holidays at my parents in France. Seeing all the nice decorations around the net is making me reconsider...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hat is so great - I am just a little obsessed with chambray, it just seems to go with everything! I love your little bird too, I am sad to say once again I have been too lazy to get out any decorations, but happy to admire everyone elses'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy to give you some.. want me to drop it over to the portrait gallery?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kirsty. That is very kind of you. I finished work for the year today so have missed my opportunity to make Chrissie decorations this year. I'd love to grab some pleather off you in the ny though. Thanks. Myra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Lexi, I can't agree more. chambray is the perfect fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Pauline.. last year I gave some away as presents but this year... I just didn't make enough. Have a great time with your parents in France.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Shar! I hope you are well and truly done with your stockings by now :) It is such a busy time of year isn't it. I'm making very slow, but steady progress on my Archer. My musin was a quick and dirty so I just hope it will fit when I'm finished ....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Merche, I might make some of the bigger hats, but not for me. I just don't think they suit me so much. But never say never..

    ReplyDelete