FINISHED! Vogue 7600 Archipelago Visor

Untitled
I've had Vogue 7600 in my pattern wish list for some time but it was only over the weekend that, feeling a bit lowly towards sewing and needing a quick - yet different project, that I decided to give it a go.  I love a visor and used to have a Helen Kaminski rafia visor that I wore all the time until I lost it somewhere..  so of all the patterns it of course view C has always jumped out at me.
Vogue 7600 Visor
I would have liked to make this up in a chambray but I didn't have any.. so the next best thing, some Liberty leftovers.  You may recognise this as Archipelago (from the Spring Summer 2013 Tresco collection), which I used to make my first Mathilde.
Vogue 7600 Visor
The pattern was straightforward and easy and now that I've worked out how to install my quilting foot on my machine top stitching was a pleasure. I made one tiny mistake.. sewing the visor with a 1.5cm seam allowance instead of a 1cm seam but as I made up the small the slight difference in the visor size is not too noticeable.
 Vogue 7600 Visor
I've tied it a bit messy at the back which suits me more than the way it is on the envelope with the large flap 'hanging out'. I do need to practise this a bit though.

I like this hat and hope I get lots of wear out of it. I think there is definitely a chambray version in my future.
Vogue 7600 Visor

24 comments:

  1. Very stylish, and what a great use for the Liberty scraps! I agree though that the messy tie looks better than the suggested large flap :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great use for scraps! I love the messy tie in the back, it's such a nice take on a traditional visor cap, and of course the fabric is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, you made a hat! How cool! It looks very stylish and I am also a fan of the messy tie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very stylish! I like all the views in that envelope, but the one you made is probably the most wearable. I prefer the way you wear it to the way it is shown on the model. Big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my! I want one so badly! That is super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hat is so good looking. Congrats. I want one!! Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your visor! This past summer I have sewed a couple of caps. This kind of projects are perfect to use all the scraps around our sewing corner :-) Loveeeeeeeeeeee your fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I love Helen K hats too, but so pricey! Yours is great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I would never have thought to make a hat. Hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great design! I love the tie at the back and you've found another perfect use for Liberty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Liberty visor is gorgeous!! and I really like it the way you've tied it. Looks so chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's fantastic! I want one now too! I love the way yours is tied.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, you've convinced me. I'm going to look for that pattern now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just bought it on etsy! Cannot wait - but it is coming from Canada so will probably take forever....

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a fabulous hat :) Love the shape of the visor and of course, the Liberty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cool - I love that you used Liberty print!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks!! It is fun and I love that it folds flat :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. P.S hope your wedding dress making is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Do it. It really is a lovely simple project.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Carolyn! I seem to remember you have made view A which I also love.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks Claire. I really think I need a plain denim/chambray one as well - otherwise I might be a bit pattern over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It is a very quick and easy project.. and will make a great gift (maybe next year!)

    ReplyDelete