The end of Zip-tember

Yesterday was the long awaited 'putting zippers into bags' course at Addicted to Fabric run by Nicole Mallalieu.  I did wonder before going how on earth I was going to spend 5 hours in a course on zippers, but the time flew by and in fact it took me all that time to get 2 zippers done- an exposed zipper pocket and a zipped gusset.  There was a lot of waiting around for the irons you see.  That's my excuse anyway.  So this afternoon instead of going to my first vinyasa yoga class (sorry Michelle!) I finished off the tote bag from the class, so that my new little sewn zippers had a home.  And do you know, I'm pretty proud of this.  I followed the pattern (which obviously helps) and it is easily my best finish - ever - on a bag.
P9300244
This is a pretty dodgey shot of the innards. You can't see it but there is a nice pocket on the inside and then the whole bag zips up nicely.  I was originally going to give this to my mum but I think I might have someone else in mind.  The material is very 'Australiana' which she would like but I don't think she's really a messenger bag kind of lady.  
P9300246
So where does that all leave me for Zip-tember.  Pretty darn fine I think.  The course has helped me overcome my zipper phobia - a bit - and I'll aim to make some zippered things for the fete.  This month I made a pair of pants with a zipper, this bag with different types of zippers and I made a little cardi with buttons (to re-enforce August is Buttons).   So I'd call it a success.
What's my improvement project for October!? (Apart from a whole lot of craft stall sewing....!!@? and KCWC)  We will see.,

P.S.  No surprises but I didn't manage to leave the shop empty handed. Still no fabric for the PAVOT but I did find this jersey which I think will look amazing made up into a drape dress.  I'm not sure it's really me but I just loved the electricity of the blue.  The only thing better would be if it was in fluro pink!!
P9300242
P9300238

4 comments:

  1. You'll look great in blue!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric is very everybody, it´s the prettiest thing ever!!! I love the messenger bag a lot. Inside and out. Where do you get all those pretty fabrics I wonder?! One more thing...you missed your vinyasa yoga? Tsk,tsk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suuuper cool fabric! And I agree with Merche, I covet your fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Merche! I did end up going to vinyasa yoga on Wednesday night - now I might be a little bit hooked!

    ReplyDelete