Monday morning I made a lot of progress with the pants managing to get the zipper in, the pleats and the pockets. Unfortunately, after looking at the size chart I marked out my approximate size and decided to cut out an S. Now, you can see from the 'X's that my measurements were smaller than the S but bigger than the XS so living in fear that I wouldn't be able to get the pants done up I went with the S. MISTAKE! Would you believe that I had to remove about 20 cms from the waist!! I took about 12 cms from the back and redid the the pleats at the front. Urrgh. Next time I make them I think I'll just cut out the smaller size
Anyway, having said that, this pattern was nice to make and it turned out better than I thought I would be able to do. The instructions come in this cute little book and were easy to follow and not overwhelming. And hooray to a zipper clothing project completed in Zip-Tember!
I'll post a photo soon of me actually wearing the pants but for now you have some stuck on the wall shots. The tops in the photos I have worn regularly with a much darker blue pant and of course with denim, but the colour of this linen really lifts the outfits. I could have put up another 3 tops that I think will go great. I think these will be the ultimate versatile pant.
melting icecream mini bag that just arrived this morning from Harvest Textiles.