FINISHED! a pair of undies!!!

I have been thinking for a while of making a pair of undies and you may remember a while ago I bought some slinky jersey and fold over muslin elastic.  Well today I did it.  Thanks totally to Zoe's how to make panties/undies/knickers...   I drafted up a pattern using an old pair that I love.  This pattern will need a bit of tidying as I was a bit rough and ready with it so I'll even it up when I transpose it onto some card. Also, my cutting was pretty dodgey so if you look closely through the elastic (maybe next time I won't use semi transparent elastic to hide my sins better) then you can see the uneven cutting.  But you know what.  Who cares.  They actually fit pretty well and despite unpicking several times to get the material in between the elastic, I don't think they will fall apart in the first wash.  Success. Although the true test will be in wearing them!

3 comments:

  1. Love the new look

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great result! And thanks for the info. I´ll go straight to Zoe´s to find out how to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HURRAH!!! I'm so pleased you've had a go at making undies, it's such a relatively quick project and you end up with something that will get worn hundreds of times. I'm also really happy my tutorial was of help to you. Thanks for linking it. Happy pants-making! xxx

    ReplyDelete