FINISHED! No. 4 Drape Scoop Tee

IMG_1037
A fantastic thing happened this afternoon at the school pickup - Oliver had an impromptu playdate, which meant that after a little bit of afternoon tea preparation, all the boys were left to play (and destroy things) while I snuck in  little bit of sewing. Yay!  Just enough time to finish No. 4 Drape Scoop Tee from Drape Drape 2.  I truly didn't think I'd get any sewing in before Christmas so this is great!
So there are some good things about this pattern:  The pattern is a fun shape.  Just one big piece to cut out. There is only one piece of binding for the neck... which I'm happy to say I did much better this time than the last time I attempted a stretch outfit and the style is interesting. I'm not sure whether you really see the asymmetry from the photos but it is there.
The cons though is the sewing of the right sleeve.  I just couldn't get my head around how to make that a neat seam.  It's tricky to see but it's sews into a point.  So in the end I just cut the sleeves and didn't bother to hem.  I started to hem the left sleeve, but then realised that would look strange so cut that off as well.  In fact, I prefer the look as it adds to the drape.
IMG_1055
The other problem, is that it is reeeaaaally low cut.  It isn't noticeable in the photos as I think I've hitched it back a bit, but I won't be able to wear this unless I have a top on underneath or I'm wearing it to the pool.  If I make it again, I might adjust the scoop a little bit.
So overall, it's ok. Just ok. I haven't decided about the colour and the pattern and whether or not it's a winner. So, I'm not pulling it apart yet to make some undies out of the material - but it's on notice.   It's definitely not the most flattering thing I've ever made. Maybe I'm just not that into stretch fabric!?

10 comments:

  1. I think the color is flattering! It looks great but I'm the same way about things that feel too low-cut. Hopefully this shirt makes the cut!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's lovely! Don't be scared off knits. They are so awesome once you learn to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time to sew, yay! Low cut? nope, it is your perception from your point of view...happens to me all the time ; D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this isn't just me being a prude. The drape falls really low. Trust me!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it looks terrific in the pictures, and not too low-cute at all! I like these soft pretty colours on you too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Carolyn. I have 'houked' it up a lot as it would be down towards the belly button... but it's wearable just not to work!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Morgan. I'm still thinking about it... it might be a present!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by! I haven't given up ...yet!

    ReplyDelete