Blog award

The very beautiful Merche gave me this award today!  The rules for the award are:


  • Thank the person who nominated you and link back to him/her in your post.
  • Share 7 things about yourself.
  • Nominate 15 bloggers you admire.
  • Leave a comment on each of these blogs letting them know they’ve been nominated.


So, given it's Christmas time, I'm going to share 7 Christmasy things about me.

My seven things:
1. Just before Christmas 2007 I had a car accident (no one was injured) because I was singing Bing Crosby's Winter Wonderland too enthusiastically in the car.
2- I was in Cyclone Tracey which hit Darwin Christmas eve 1974. (I was only 3) 
3-I love Christmas songs so much, that at work during December, perhaps to the annoyance of my colleagues, I have a Christmas song of the day.  One year, I might even get us all to sing, but unfortunately I'm not much of a singer.  These Christmas songs cover all eras and are hugely varied and probably embarrassing - some of my favourites are Winter Wonderland (obviously - see above), Fairytale of New York (the Pogues with Kristy McCol), Mary's Boy Child (Boney M), Do they know its Christmas (The original version of course), White Christmas (Wham) How to make Gravy (Paul Kelly), 500 miles (the Pretenders) and I could go on and on - I haven't even touched on the ''proper"carols. Oh others get to nominate, it's not ALL me!
4- Improving on the above tradition, this year at work, I'm organising a re write of the "12 days of Christmas" to be all about us at work..... On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me ''a Plan for the Murray Darling"
Elliot looking less than impressed - only 1 Advent calendar this year!
5- Last year we had almost an Advent Calendar for every room in the house: Lego, Playmobile, chocolate etc etc.  this year I've banned them all and we only have the one (a Kristen Doran one wihich was probably the first thing I sewed - you have to put the boxes on,) which is full of family activities (also known as Christmas chores - yes this was a hard sell but I'm sticking with it). I've buckled and put a few lollies in.. and I'm sure I'll pop a few more in as the days progress... 
6- Last year as part of Secret Santa at work, I was given two solar powered outdoor lights.  I'm afraid this was the beginnig of the end and now I'm on a slippery road to having a front yard covered in lights.  The boys were saying to me yesterday, 'We need more lights' and I agree!
7- Now, this last one isn't quite Christmas, but given the movie is coming out here on boxing day (26 December) I'm stretching my own rules a bit... Merche said that her favourite book and musical is Les Miserables and I have to confess to also loving this and crying when I first saw it on stage.  I've been watching the previews of the movie and also tearing up! Can't wait.

Here are my nominations:
If they hadn't already received one of these, I would nominate Carolyn and Merche because their blogs are great and they are generous and thoughtful with their comments on my sewing. Others I'll nominate not only because of their blogs, but also due to their generosity to me in the virtual sewing room:

Crab and Bee
Crafting a Rainbow
Roobeedoo
hofficoffii
2617
Jo Sews
The Perfect Nose

Up to you if you want to do anything with the award.  I know not everyone is into these 'chain letter' type awards and I'm sure you won't get 7 years of bad luck if you don't do anything with it :)



4 comments:

  1. Aren't you sweet! Thank you! I'll see if I can't rustle up something in a timely fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thank you! I've only just seen this! So kind of you :-)

    ReplyDelete