Dreaming of a hanging chandliers dress



This week I've been busy pattern testing for one very talented lady.  I have no new makes to show you, but the pattern released hopefully later this month will be worth the wait! I finished up yesterday, so now I need to get back on and  finish my Lurex Mini Challenge by Valentines Day.  I had thought that I might be able to wear this to a wedding in March, but sadly I don't now envisage this as being my wedding outfit.  It's more of a cute little date night piece.Maybe!? When I went to buy lining for it on Saturday I must admit that I didn't buy the expensive lining option as I'm doubtful of how many wears it will actually get.
Photo courtesty of Tessuti
On the other hand, Colette just listed a whole lot of silk on the Tessuti online fabric store. The TEMPTATION! I am in love with the Hanging Chandeliers.  

Has anyone else succumbed to any of this new silk!?  

I have been dreaming of dresses that I could make with it. I'd love to make a long sleeved dress with it but then I get just a little bit frightened.

15 comments:

  1. That is beautiful fabric. Ted Baker did a chandelier-print dress maybe a year or so ago which I was in love with, very similar print but this looks more colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, as gorgeous as that fabric is it'd have to be one special, worn very often dress to earn its place in my wardrobe. I'd be terrified to wear it often though, so sadly I'd have to say pass. Can't wait to see the results of the pattern testing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! But I need a pattern that is a bit frugal on the fabric. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just looked up the ted baker dress. It was lovely! I'm more and more tempted by this fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know. It terrifies me too. Sewing with LIberty is one thing, but this is a whole different matter... and I would need so much of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder are you testing too but after your mammoth effort with those gorgeous coats you probably need a breather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the pattern is lovely. My blouse has a little mistake but it's still really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A silk dress sounds fantastic in theory, but I just know that in my real life I would snag it on something or stain it too quickly - the pain is not worth it. That fabric is tempting though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What about this one? I would omit the sleeves and lengthen the dress according to my desired length but also remove some flare to create a slimmer silhouette. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, you are right and I am anything but careful with my clothes !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it. And frugal on meterage :) Might buy it and make up a muslin to see. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg... you really shouldn't have posted that link to the online shop.... DROOL! Like Oscar Wilde said - I can resist anything but temptation ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That fabric is divine! I bought a silk/cotton called The Great Gathering from Tessuti when I was in Melb ( its also online) I thought I'd make a fairly simple shift, like Simplicity 1609.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that fabric but the prices freaks me out a tad too! I would probably buy it for a special occasion dress or a blouse I would wear only when I knew the kid would be at least 1km away from me :-)

    ReplyDelete