Boardwalk Jersey, a plan

IMG_3785
Yesterday I had a moment of clarity for my Boardwalk jersey: this top from 'She has a mannish style'.  Sometimes I forget that I have a shelf full of Japanese pattern books but I remembered. I do love this book, and I have made so many things from it.

IMG_3780
Yes! So I think this tee is a winner - in the photo at least.  It is a good shape, interesting with all those buttons and a fun pattern to cut out.

I'm going to be a little bit unfaithful to my other project and do a bit of pattern tracing tonight.

The only problem is that, due to the long fabric repeat (about 90cms I think) I won't be able to perfectly match up the sides as I didn't buy enough ... this will call for a bit of creative placement of stripes.  A design feature!

8 comments:

  1. I think that will look incredible in the stripe, just love boatneck/stripe combo. This pattern is on my to do list as well, so can't wait to see yours. It was also nice to meet you in the flesh on Saturday (and your lovely sister too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go for it! This top is totally your style! Who cares is the stripes are not perfectly matching? You are the designer and, maybe, unmatched stripes are a part of the design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is a great pattern for the jersey fabric! I really need to look into buying this book since I love the things you've made from it. I seem to always have two projects going on at the same time anymore - it keeps things more interesting. I love design features - the best ideas come out of having to think creatively!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look interesting and stylish. I'm going to check out this book the next time I go to Kinokuniya :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Erin do! It is a very cool book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much Colette. It was such a treat to pop up to Tessuti on the weekend and to meet you too! My sister just loved the course, so I will now need to keep my eyes open for courses to attend :) This stripe is perfect (I hope) for the top. There are just so many great patterns in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Inna! You are right. I can do what I want :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I might be a convert to the two projects at once. You are right, it keeps things interesting !!

    ReplyDelete