I fell a little bit behind on the Charlotte Sewalong but am happy to say that I think I am now up to date.
The skirt has darts, is sewn up, adjusted, invisible zip inserted and lining sewn in. Phew. I think I stretched the material a little bit sewing up the second side of the invisible zip so it is a bit puckered (pre pressing) but it's not so bad, and given it is linen will hardly be noticeable with the rest of the creases that naturally occur. (I hope). For a first invisible zip ever, I'm pretty happy with it.
The fit of the skirt is also great. I took it in a little bit using the instructions from the sewalong. Adjusting the lining then to fit the adjusted skirt was a bit fiddly because my adjustment on the skirt was a bit random, but I think the skirt sits well with the lining. I tried it on and Ben said that it is a great fit over the bum, so that is a good sign., oh and it goes with my shoes! I predict this to be a work (horse) skirt.. at least until the winter.
So, I can breath until the next post in the sewalong.