19 May 2012 - fish dress

BeFunky
Today I am wearing a cute little dress I made in September 2010.  The material is Liberty of London Akinobu from Tessuti and the pattern is loosely based on Y from Les Couleurs Francaise, but I added a double peter pan collar after falling in love with a See by Chloe dress that had an enormous double collar like this.  At the time I had Polly help me with this and we didn't exactly match up the collar properly so it doubles over at the back - which I think is actually a nice design feature! I am extremely happy with how we matched the pattern up on the collar! Other changes I made was a tie at the back so it comes in a little and also some very useful pockets!  Hooray for pockets.  The first time I wore this dress was for a beautiful friend's birthday - though with different shoes and tights.
Today I have an afternoon at the theatre - well I'm off to Sesame Street presents Elmo's World Tour!  so thought I might dress up a bit rather than wearing jeans!! 

liberty fish dressliberty fish
Untitled
marc for marc jacobs 
Liberty fish dress
Photo taken back in 2010




No comments:

Post a Comment