FINISHED! Chatter Saunio III

I've been up to a few things lately including testing a pair of trousers so a palette cleanser is always a lovely relief.  I wandered into Addicted to Fabric the other weekend and picked up 1.5m of this dark navy polyester/ spandex thick textured knit called 'chatter'. I love a thick textured spongy knit and I love the Saunio cardigan by Named Patterns, so it wasn't long before this knit made it's way to a Saunio.  
I've made this pattern twice before, a selfish one here and a scuba one here so it was a straightforward make. I cut it out on Friday night and had all but the hem sewn up at CBR Sewing Crew. It was a very productive day - have you seen Amanda's dress!  I think I'm getting the hang of social sewing. 
I've said it before, but this cardigan/jacket patternis a real work winner. It looks classy, but the knit fabric makes it comfortable. The collar and fronts are understitched. It has dropped sleeves (of course) which are top stitched down and the extra cross at the front allows it to wrap across the front for a bit of a self cuddle when it's cool, with a nice swing at the back. Winner!

The badly ironed shirt underneath is a Nani Iro make using Liberty of London 'Ornithology'. One of my all time favourite makes- mainly because of the great fabric. Having a nice jacket like this means that my short sleeve blouses can get a bit of a run during winter! Double winner. 

21 comments:

  1. Heck yes! This is a perfect autumn jacket and an awesome palette cleanser :D Am most curious about your trouser testing- I bet it's a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this fabric, and that's the most perfect pattern for it. Such a good look on you. And yay for social sewing! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! do you have any sewing machine stitching issues when you work on this kind of fabric? Like skipping stitches?

    ReplyDelete
  4. SeamsOddLouise.Blogspot.comMay 24, 2015 at 11:20 PM

    Yet for easy knit makes. The dark colour and subtle texture make this look sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. Nice fabric for it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! Great jacket and very stylish too!
    Testing trousers? mmmh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic!! Looking fabulous, as always ;) I have this fabric & was thinking a Linden or something, but you've just opened my eyes to the versitility of a Saunio.. hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cool! Looks like a great little versatile jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous little jacket! Looks like it would work with EVERYTHING. And you know I adore that liberty ornithology blouse. How I would love to get my hands on some of that print *scheming with credit card*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabric EpiphaniesMay 25, 2015 at 6:15 PM

    Great Jacket! You can't go past a knit jacket for comfort and it is a little more stylish than a cardigan.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love a palette cleanser. This looks so chic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The more I look at it, the more I want one too! It would be a great addition to my Irish wardrobe: even (especially) in summer, we need layers here!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like one great cardi! This one hasn't even come onto my radar... until now! Love it Kirsty and whilst great for workwear, I could totally see this with jeans in a casual print... hmmmm if only my pattern budget wasn't bust :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks lovely! Very chic but also cosy & practical. I do love that top too, and that print!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks Kathryn. It is a great little pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hear you re the bust budget! But what's another little pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. It would be perfect. It is a great pattern and even though it isn't lined the large facings make the insides nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks and yes, this has comfort and a little bit of style !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks Morgan, versatile and comfortable. Two big ticks!

    ReplyDelete