When I bought this fabric a little while ago, I was after some patterned tiny flower fabric to make a pair of Animas for the infamous Anima competition. I had in my mind something and not finding what I really wanted I bought this fabric.
It never made it into a pair of Animas and a few weekends ago I decided to make it up into a sweater thinking that the fabric could work in a top. The fabric is really soft and lightweight jersey knit (composition unknown) . It is really comfy, but I haven't worn the top out of the house yet. There's something about the fabric and pattern that makes me hesitate - too pyjama-ery? Now I wish I had enough to make some Animas for the matching bottoms for an over the top lounge suit! Maybe I should check at Addicted to Fabric tomorrow..
The pattern is again the undercover sweater by Papercut Patterns. I was interested to make this up again with the fabric on grain, unlike my last one, to check the fit. I think I could go down a size, especially in the top of the arms. I also added 5cm to the length of this one, but I'm not sure it's needed. I took quite a bit of width out of the cuffs to make them tighter. Oh and I think the neck on this is also too big, but it might be the soft lightweight material.
There you have it. Not the most exciting of makes. It definitely won't be my last undercover sweater as I really like this pattern.. but I promise I have something more exciting on the way next week!