FINISHED! Another undercover sweater

When I bought this fabric a little while ago, I was after some patterned tiny flower fabric to make a pair of Animas for the infamous Anima competition. I had in my mind something and not finding what I really wanted I bought this fabric.
It never made it into a pair of Animas and a few weekends ago I decided to make it up into a sweater thinking that the fabric could work in a top. The fabric is really soft and lightweight jersey knit (composition unknown) . It is really comfy, but I haven't worn the top out of the house yet. There's something about the fabric and pattern that makes me hesitate - too pyjama-ery?  Now I wish I had enough to make some Animas for the matching bottoms for an over the top lounge suit! Maybe I should check at Addicted to Fabric tomorrow..

The pattern is again the undercover sweater by Papercut Patterns. I was interested to make this up again with the fabric on grain, unlike my last one, to check the fit.  I think I could go down a size, especially in the top of the arms.  I also added 5cm to the length of this one, but I'm not sure it's needed. I took quite a bit of width out of the cuffs to make them tighter. Oh and I think the neck on this is also too big, but it might be the soft lightweight material.

There you have it. Not the most exciting of makes. It definitely won't be my last undercover sweater as I really like this pattern.. but I promise I have something more exciting on the way next week!

24 comments:

  1. I think it's very cute with jeans - looks so comfy on. You know I love a bit of stretchy wear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! Looks super comfy and stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee //nearestthepinAugust 8, 2014 at 9:08 PM

    Definitely not pyjamery! Wold like to see the lounge suit - sounds perfect for spring ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fab! Great colours! I know you guys are heading into spring but I'm thinking Fall, oops Autumn - nobody understands me here when I talk Australian. Great top for jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like it, but then, I'm on the hunt for slouchy, comfy everyday clothes and the colours are fabulous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always find the best prints!! So cute even if it is just for lounging!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love this & don't think it looks like pyjamas at all - it looks great with jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shell from SewEnSowAugust 9, 2014 at 9:14 AM

    We're all agreed, it's a casual winner! Love the colours, the style, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean about feeling pyjama-y- I tend to shy away from printed long sleeved knit tops for that very reason. BUT! Your addition of the solid colour bands has made all the difference, I reckon. I'd totally wear this outside the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Jenny - all the support of this top meant that I actually did wear it out of the house today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Kathryn. I'm glad I finally got a chance to wear it today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colours are great wintery colours aren't they. It also came in a purple colourway which also would have been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha, I couldn't find any more of the fabric on Saturday so I'll just have to wear it with jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Sarah. It is definitely comfy and that is not a bad thing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Loungewear / PJ's as daywear? Bring it on. Yours looks comfy / stylish and decidedly non-pjarmery though. The colour is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so snug and warm! Chalk this up as a total win!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think this top is great! It looks cozy and I like the print as well. We all sometimes doubt our choices when we shouldn't. This is one you shouldn't doubt at all!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very comfortable looking! I've actually been on the prowl for a similar sweater pattern, so seeing the pattern available on Papercut Patterns is a find!


    The small print looks really good on you, too!

    ReplyDelete