FINISHED! Baby Cords

Nothing much to see sewing wise around these parts at the moment, except these baby pants. 
Last week I had to quickly put together a new baby present so turned to the new Oliver + S Lullaby Layette pattern. I know I really should have done the jacket as well.. it's super cute, but I was a bit lazy and instead I just made up the pants in left over cord from my Rigel Bomber and bought a little pink cardigan to go with it.  A pair of soft cord pants are a must for a little baby!

It's a cute little pattern with nice little pockets on the back. I promise I did hem these evenly, despite the photo! Even though this is a simple pattern it comes with thorough instructions.  I like instructions that make me a better sewer and Oliver + S patterns definitely do that.

If I have to make any more baby presents I might try the other options in the release.  I feel like my natural instinct now is to try and make a baby present, maybe supplemented with something bought.  Presents can be a quick, in between project, while I think about what to make next.

P.S. It's lucky I only have boys because I would so be wearing coordinating outfits with a little girl!

5 comments:

  1. You could still coordinate with your boys! Would they allow it? (I'm secretly fascinated by matching outfits!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! I love that you make presents, so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they are cute! You're a very generous sewist Kirsty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh these are so cute! Harris had cords on today - I love them! I may need to invest in this pattern as it looks like great value.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thoughtful blog, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete