story book bonnet

Untitled
et voila - another present.  This time for a soon to arrive baby.  This pattern is so great.  I've made it a few times.  The pattern is by Alicia Paulson and you can find the pattern here: http://www.rosylittlethings.com/storybookwoodsbonnetpattern.html
The last time I made it Ben was obsessed about the ribbon at the neck and how much of a choking hazard it was.  I tried all sorts of things that would pass his safety test, but in the end I just cut the ribbons really short because nothing would pass the test.  Hardly satisfactory but there you go.  The mum sent me a text the other day to say how cute the bonnet is on and what a great fit, but that the ribbons are too short!!  So this time I'm ignoring all calls for safety and leaving them the length instructed in the pattern.
Next stop: my cord skirt!

No comments:

Post a Comment