Colette Laurel in the fabric (Liberty and pinwheel corduroy) I bought at La Droguerie in France just before coming home. The pattern itself is easy and the instructions are superb. Unfortunately this dress took way longer for me to complete than it should have.
I had a bit of trouble with the fitting as well. I made up a size 4 but had to take in at least an inch from each side. The bust darts.... well you can see from the photos that they aren't exactly right..... although strangely they were fine in my final fitting after I dropped the shoulder seams down to 1/4 inch. Just goes to show that I wasn't careful enough to check all positions - or else I hold myself strangely in photos. I think I've read elsewhere that the armscye is small and I agree with this. I had to chop about 1/2 inch into it to make it bigger and possible for my arm to get in and move!
My 'bib' is also a bit out - which is annoying but I'm hoping isn't too obvious when wearing it.
You'll notice also that I changed the sleeves as well. I'm not a fan of a tight fitting sleeves so adopted the sleeve from Tilly's Mathilde blouse to fit.
All in all, it's an odd sort of interpretation by me of the pattern, which one minute I like and the next not so much. I had decided to make an autumn Laurel for the contest and so tried to make something that had a real Autumn feel about it. I definitely think it has that, so feel I met my personal brief. I hemmed it by an inch to make it really mini (I'm really short so beware if you aren't as it is short - and shorter in the back than the front).
I'm not sure how much wear I'll get out of it but it is fun and with the right attitude might be of 'a fashion' enough for me to wear to fashfest next week.