FINISHED! Salme Playsuit!

Salme Playsuit in Liberty
I love Tuesdays.  I get to finish work early (or not work at all) I get to pick up the boys early and we don't have any after school running around.  Bliss.  So taking full advantage of this, we all potted around, made the first batch of sorbet for the season and  I finished the Salme Playsuit that I was whining a bit about yesterday.  No photos of me wearing this as I probably need a bit of Spring colour on the old legs, but all in good time. Tonight just the old 'stick the garment on the wall in bad light" photo.
Salme Playsuit in Liberty
The waist has a bit of elastic in it so sits more ruffled than it looks in this photo ... and I roll the legs up!
So the verdict?  Despite my reservations about the instructions and maybe the slight tightness over the bottom and my choice of buttons being not so great.  I LOVE THIS.  I really really love it.  If I saw this in the shop I would be falling over myself to buy it.  Can't wait for a lovely sunny summer day to wear this.

I made only a few alterations:  buttons instead of snaps; because now I'm all about putting buttons onto things, slightly longer in the leg so I can roll them up and binding in the arms rather than just hemming.

Et voila!

P.S.  Tomorrow the boys are off to a Halloween disco!?  I've made Elliot a Mr Goop costume..  who is Mr Goop you might ask.  Well stay tuned for my Halloween creation!

4 comments:

  1. ooh this is lovely - makes me long for Spring again here in the UK! I'm glad that your reservations have proved unfounded and it must be a welcome surprise to love something you weren't sure about during the make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is adorable! i'm so glad you stuck with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much Kathryn, it is a relief to like it (and that it fits :))

    ReplyDelete